This feature lets you filter poll results by different social & demographic filters.
While all the supported filters can be viewed in the report dashboard by the poll creator, you can also configure some of the filters to be displayed on the poll interface for all users to see.
These are the supported filters:
1) Public / Anonymous – the public filter displays results based on the public votes that were made using a social profile (Facebook, Twitter, Google). The anonymous filter displays results based on anonymous votes. Anonymous votes can be either votes cast without a social profile (in social polls/standard polls) or votes in which the voter requested to hide the vote when voting with a social profile (social polls / social votes)
2) Gender – results based on votes done by Men / Women using Facebook or Google+ profiles
3) Social – results based on votes cast using a Facebook / Twitter / Google+ profile
4) Time frame – results based on votes cast within a time frame you configure
5) Geographic location – results based on votes cast from a specific country orcity
For each filter, you can view the full list of voters: