The Opinion Stage WordPress plugin lets you display interactive content (e.g. polls, quizzes, etc) on your WordPress site, to increase engagement, drive more traffic to your site, learn more about your readers, gather segmented leads, generate revenue and more. For the full list of use cases, click here.
Install the WordPress plugin:
- In your WordPress admin dashboard, select Add New under the Plugins menu
- Search for Poll, Survey, Quiz & Slideshow & Form Builder. You can also just type Opinion Stage to find it quickly.
- Click Install Now and after installation is complete, click Activate
Access the Opinion Stage plugin:
You can access the Opinion Stage plugin from the left-hand sidebar of your WordPress admin panel or from the editor.
Connect WordPress with Opinion Stage to get started:
- Click the Opinion Stage plug-in “Add a Poll, Survey, Quiz, Form or Slider” button in the editor, enter your email and click Connect.
If you have already created an account, click the Login link and enter your Opinion Stage username and password (or login with a social profile).
You are now ready to create interactive content for your posts.
Check the examples of the content:
With Opinion Stage WordPress plugin, you can create many types of interactive content: polls, surveys, quizzes, forms, slideshows or lists. To get an idea of them check the Examples tab in the pop-up window. Hover the mouse cursor over the thumbnail to view how the content piece looks on the site. You can also insert them in your post/page to experience the examples on your site.
Create your first piece of content and add it to the post:
- Open the Opinion Stage pop-up from the editor and then from the dropdown menu at the top right, select the content type (e.g. poll) you want to create
- Fill in the fields required and click Publish to save your content
- Return to the editor and position the cursor in the desired place of your post, then open the Opinion Stage pop-up window and click the Insert
- The unique content’s code will be added to the post. Preview the post and publish it.
Add a poll, survey, quiz, form, slideshow or list as a popup, a sidebar widget or content section to all posts:
With the Opinion Stage WordPress plugin, you may also place any piece of your content as a popup, a sidebar widget or automatically add it to all site posts.
Access the Opinion Stage plugin from the left-hand sidebar of your WordPress admin panel and turn to the Placements section.
Add content to a popup placement:
In your Opinion Stage dashboard on WordPress, under Placements, switch Popup on and click Edit Content button.
Use Search to find the content you would like presented in your popup tab. Select the content’s thumbnail and click Save to fill the popup.
Click the Settings button, for changing the parameters of the popup. You may specify when the visitors will see the popup, set the delay in the seconds, as well as specify the display settings.
For more information click here.
Add content to an article section placement:
In your Opinion Stage dashboard on WordPress, under Placements, switch on Article and click Edit Content button.
Use Search to find the content you would like presented in your articles section. Select the content’s thumbnail and click Save.
Note that this will add the selected content to All the pages on your site!
Click the Settings button, for changing parameters of the article section. You may easily change the title of the placement and adjust its appearance.
For more information, click here
Add Content to a sidebar placement:
- In your Opinion Stage dashboard on WordPress, under Placements, switch on Sidebar Widget.
- Click Add widget to your sidebar link – you will be redirected to WordPress’s Widgets menu
- Under Available Widgets look for Opinion Stage Sidebar Widget.
- Drag that widget on to one of the options on the right-hand side to determine where your interactive content will be placed.
- Open the Opinion Stage Sidebar Widget for configuration.
- Title adds a title to your sidebar poll. You can check or un-check the Enabled box to toggle this feature.
- Clicking Edit Content button will redirect you to your Opinion Stage sidebar placement page. Here you can select which poll, quiz, or list to display.
- By clicking the settings button, it is possible to change the style settings of the sidebar.
Getting started with the Opinion Stage WordPress plugin Video: